Botox Cosmetic and Dermal Fillers
If you have been thinking about getting Botox to help eliminate creases, wrinkles, and frown lines, it may never have occurred to you go to the dentist. But who better than a dentist, with their expertise in the anatomy of the head, neck, and mouth, to provide Botox injections?
Erie dentist Dr. Kevin Sambuchino offers Botox to give patients a refreshed, more youthful look. In addition, Botox injections can be used to treat TMJ pain, migraine headaches, and teeth clenching.
The Botox Cosmetic procedure has been used safely for over two decades for medical purposes such as tension headaches, excessive sweating, eye twitching, and other neurologic and ophthalmic conditions. This treatment is FDA-approved and has been helping people regain a smoother and more youthful appearance for many years.
To learn how you can achieve a more youthful appearance, call Lake Erie Dental for a free cosmetic consultation.
What Areas of the Face Do You Treat with Botox Cosmetic?
When used cosmetically, Botox helps get rid of lines in the face caused by muscle contractions that have been repeated over the years. Botox freezes the muscles, giving the skin a smooth look—without cosmetic surgery.
It is most commonly used in the following areas:
- Between the eyebrows. This area commonly develops deep vertical lines between the brows.
- The forehead area. This area often has horizontal wrinkles that are always present as a result of raising the eyebrows over the years.
- The corners of the eyes (crow’s feet). These wrinkles develop from years of smiling and sun damage.
- Lifting the eyebrows for a more youthful appearance. A small amount of Botox is used on the upper border of the eyebrow to facilitate lifting of the lateral border of the brow.
- Wrinkles on the side of the nose.
- Gummy smiles (showing too much gum tissue when you smile). There are specific muscles that lift the upper lip when smiling. These muscles can be treated to decrease the effects of these muscles and create an ideal amount of gum tissue to show with a full smile.
- Wrinkles around the lips. These wrinkles are produced by the puckering of the lips. This muscle action can create wrinkles that are permanent and run vertically above and below the lips.
- Wrinkles just above the chin.
- Wrinkles in the neck. These wrinkles are established by flexing the muscles of the neck.
Other Uses for Botox
Botox can also be used medically for the following conditions:
- TMJ pain
- Migraine headaches
- Clenching teeth (bruxism)
Although dermal fillers are administered via injection, that is where their similarity to Botox Cosmetic ends. Dermal fillers are a natural or synthetic substance that is injected into the skin to plump up an area, giving it a smoother appearance.
With dermal fillers, there is a small risk of allergic reaction, particularly with those fillers that are synthetically derived. You can enjoy results immediately after the injection, and the effects last for about three to 18 months. Your skin will start returning to its original state, and you’ll know it’s time to go in for more filler if you want to maintain the results.
Dermal fillers are often used in tandem with Botox Cosmetic for remarkable results.
Give us a call to find out more about Botox or dermal fillers in Erie, PA, and we’ll be happy to arrange a consultation to discuss all your options.